Our Team at Lake Malawi

Our Team at Lake Malawi
Oh what a great time for one and all at the lake

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!! I hope everyone had a safe holiday. For me, it was quiet as I contemplate leaving for Malawi in exactly 10 days!!!!



Today - I will be going through the list again of kids and sponsors and preparing emails to the sponsors of my kids. I really want the connection to be more than the financial commitment - but also they are feeling an intrinsic connection to this part of the world and understand how the commitment has afforded a child at a good start in life. I would like to give them specific things to pray for as well as for me as I interact with their child.



Tomorrow- we pack the bins for the kids!!!! Close to 100 kids and widows were graciously given a skirt/blouse and shoes or slacks/shirt and shoes which we will be packaging and bundling to take to the kids in the village. I am really excited for this - I love wrapping presents - why wouldn't I love bagging, labeling and tagging the gifts for others for the bins. So many gracious individuals took the challenge to buy a gift of clothes/shoes and provide shipping for another child. I hope they took this challenge as I did - and spend less on myself or someone who has much to give to someone who has so much less..

No comments:

Post a Comment