Our Team at Lake Malawi

Our Team at Lake Malawi
Oh what a great time for one and all at the lake

Sunday, January 3, 2010

6 days and counting.....

Last Sunday before we depart for Malawi. We have found a driver to Kansas City and I am praying the church bus will run smoothly (and start this year).

I have been going through mail and cleaning up last minute things, making sure I have accounted for everything that needs to be taken care of this week before I go. I have to find time to work out, get my hair cut and see my family. We intend on going to church Saturday night for the new series Piet will be starting. I hate to miss - but can always download to the Ipod and listen after the fact. Have you tried this? It is slick!!!

I got to meet Caleb (Sherry's 16 year old son) - he will be leading a group at the camp as well in Malawi. I told him I will be in need of being a parent - so he will have another "mom" on this trip. How cool is this, that Sherry and her son get to share this experience together??!

Also, I think I have my last kid Leonard Juma sponsored!! I am so excited - I was asked this AM if there was someone left that needed to be sponsored so she could designate her "birthday" gift to a child vs. something for herself. We should all consider something like this instead of another "thing". Thanks God and Godly women!!!!


More tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. So excited to meet Sherry and Caleb and watch Caleb interact with the other kids.

    What a wonderful thing that someone would ask for her birthday gift to be sponsorship for a child!!

    Is Lisa going to ride along with us? I'm so thankful to Tom C for driving and for Tom K to be going to the airport with us.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete